Buckley Town vs Penrhyncoch

Buckley Town vs Flint

Buckley Town vs Holyhead

Buckley Town vs Gresford & Pandy Vets

Buckley Town vs Guilsfield

Buckley Town vs Hawarden Rangers

Buckley Town vs Prestatyn

Another entertaining game at the Globe saw Buckley Town come out on top for the second time this season over opponents Prestatyn Town with a 3-2 victory.

Prestatyn took the lead in the game, against the run of play, as Buckley had the best of the opening exchanges without really looking like creating anything clear cut. Prestatyn always looked dangerous and able to use the pace of their forwards to try and get in behind Buckley’s restructured defence.

The opening goal came when Buckley keeper Joe Makaruk came out to block and make a save only for the ball to cannon off Oliver Buckley and into the back of the net.

Aled Bellis soon had the sides level though when he picked the ball up out wide on the left and cut across the box to fire in a shot that took a deflection along the way giving the keeper no chance.

Prestayn’s Dan Roberts then scored a second goal from yet another corner, something we do seem to be conceding from too often this season.

Prestatyn then found themselves down to ten men following a disputed ball going out for a throw in. Casey Faulkner tried to prevent Callum Humphries from retrieving the ball and the usual hand bags ensued. Having been pushed away from the ball he kicked out in retaliation right in front of the referee who had no hesitation in issuing a straight red.

Down to ten was always going to leave Prestatyn vulnerable as Buckley began the task of getting them selves back into the game following the break. Prestatyn defended as best they could but on a heavy pitch they were always going to tire. As the foul count and Buckley Town’s pressure began to increase so did their chances of levelling the game. Prestatyn’s keeper did his best to hold Buckley at bay with some fine saves but in the end the pressure eventually told when Buckley forced a corner out on the left. Aled Bellis fired the ball in and for second time this season Chris Roberts powered the ball home with a fine header (see game video).

With substitutions made, Buckley then went looking for the winner and it was not long before Jake Roberts broke through the offside trap and as he bared down on the Prestatyn box he sublimely chipped the oncoming keeper to make it 3-2.

Prestatyn tried their best to get back into it and came very close with a well taken shot that bounced back off the Buckley post late on in the game but it was Buckley Town that came out victorious and delivered their first double of the season to take all three points.

A determined and pleasing effort by the Buckley Town players in seeing out the game, something they were so close to last week. They now go into a difficult away trip to Porthmadog next week whose season seems to have stalled somewhat recently having had the same record as Buckley over the last five with one win, two draws and two losses. Both sides will be looking for three points as they go into the final third of the season.

Pictures courtesy of Trevor Jones:


Buckley Town vs Ruthin Town

Buckley Town vs Bangor

Buckley gave a dogged performance and kept themselves in with a chance until late in the second half when eventually the experience of Bangor City shone through as they hit two late goals to take the points.

Bangor had the best of the first half and pretty much controlled the game for the first 45 minutes reducing Buckley to the odd chance on the break. A well organised and experienced side kept Buckley on the back foot for the entire half with any Buckley passing play picked off as they tried to break out.

Bangor should have taken the lead with a controversial penalty when player-manager Gary Taylor-Fletcher’s experience bought his side a spot kick, after he was allegedly brought down in the box by Buckley keeper Joe Makaruk after being put clean through in on goal by an excellent through pass. Luckily for Buckley Makaruk was able to make amends with a fine save and the Buckley faithful felt justice had been served. The sides went in level at the break.

Buckley came out for the second half much better and decided to take the game to Bangor. As usual the flanks were the best source of inspiration and set pieces began to give Buckley hope. It was from one such corner that Buckley had their best chance of the game and if Callum Humphries had hit the target rather than shot high, wide and handsome things may have been different. At the end of the day he is a centre back, so we will forgive him that and for the most part he and his partner at the back Lewis Hone defended admirably.

In the end, Bangor crafted two goals. The first from a deep cross to the back stick that was headed back across goal for Marc Williams to score point blank on 75 minutes. The second from a fast break as Buckley pushed all their players forward looking to pull one back from Sam Jones on 85 minutes.

It was good to see Chris Roberts and Phill Molyneux make returns after lengthy periods out of the side through injury. Their experience has been missed. With Luke Douglas returning from suspension and hopefully Luke Blizard and Jake Roberts from illness, manager Dan Moore should have a full complement of players to chose from over the coming weeks, as we look to secure the points, we need to stem the slow slide down the standings. First up is the away trip to Conwy where we will look to reverse the narrow defeat, we suffered in the second game of the season at the Globe.

Pictures courtesy of Trevor Jones:

Buckley Town vs Castell Alun Colts

No referee