Buckley Town deservedly secured all three points in a must win game for them to maintain top spot in The Welsh National Premier Division, however their visitors, Llanuwchllyn made them work very hard indeed.

Town opened the scoring on 6 minutes, the goal came out of nothing, Jake Roberts trying his look with a left footed curling shot from the edge of the box. To the delight of Roberts and his team mates the ball found its way into the bottom right corner giving Dascalu in the away goal no chance.

Following the goal, Buckley were well on top without creating many clear-cut chances but their possession of the ball was dictating the flow of the game.

Town nearly made the game 2-0 on 33 minutes. A corner floated in by Roberts from the left found Josh Jones at the far post, his shot bounced up and clipped the top of the bar.

I was very impressed with Buckley’s number 3, Dylan Roberts. Roberts was getting forward with every opportunity with great pace and skill, many of Town’s good moments came from Roberts in the first half. Jake Roberts almost grabbed his second goal of the game on 38 minutes with a powerful cross shot, Dascalu did well to parry this effort away from danger.

Llanuwchllyn nearly made the game 1-1 in the 47th minute. A corner from the left was headed over by the Llanuwchllyn centre half.

The first 10 minutes of the second half was being played at a very fast pace, the away side were pressing more which was in turn putting the Buckley defence under pressure.

On 58 minutes, a neat build up by the home side found Adam Eden on the edge of the box. His left footed shot was well saved by Dascalu. 

On 64 minutes, the move of the match by Buckley nearly ended up with them grabbing their second goal of the game. Jake Roberts sprayed a lovely ball over to the right, Aron Williams sent in a fast, accurate cross into the box but unfortunately, Tinsley could not quite control his header with the ball ending up going over the bar. 

Buckley were now on top again with plenty of possession, however I was very impressed with the hard work and commitment shown by Llanuwchllyn.

Their hard work almost paid off in the 74th minute, a corner from the left was floated in finding John Evans at the far post, unfortunately for Evans his header went wide of the goal.

Buckley made the game safe on 83 minutes. Substitute Kennan did well to find Tinsley in the penalty area. Tinsley shot low, under the goalkeeper from the left angle to make it 2-0.

Buckley added a third goal in the 90th minute, again Keenan with the assist, his neat cut back found fellow substitute Keiron Moore in space, Moore made no mistake from close range.

Leave a comment

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.