The six-pointer at the bottom of the table started with Corwen having most of the early play with three great saves by Buckley’s goalkeeper Joe Makuruk stopping Corwen from gaining the upper hand.

The game changed when Corwen’s debutant goalkeeper Keighan Jones failed to control a back pass and then could not recover from his mistake to allow Buckley’s Sam Spridgeon the simple task of slamming the ball into the back of the net.

With Corwen playing the long ball, Buckley’s defence ensured they had no more chances and just before halftime Aron Williams went on a wonderful run beating six Corwen players with his final shot flashing just past the upright.

A scrappy second half saw Corwen take the game to Buckley and it was they who were the more aggressive in an attempt to get themselves back into the game. Buckley held firm but were not the offensive force that they had been in the first half. Disaster then struck for Buckley when the referee finally realised, after a further ten minutes of play, that he had booked Callum Humphries twice and finally sent him off. The red card was needless and the result of ill-discipline and getting involved in something that there was simply not the need for. It left Buckley short at the back and ultimately would cost his side all three points as they were forced to defend against a Corwen side that could then make the number disadvantage tell.

Eventually, Corwen were rewarded for their effort when Sam Henry levelled the score. Their goal also seemed to change the momentum of the game as Buckley, despite playing with only ten men, took the game back to Corwen. The final ten minutes were eventful with Corwen’s keeper making three saves as Buckley Town pressed forward. Then with two minutes left, Buckley substitute Jake Roberts hit the woodwork with one of his free-kick specials and also went close with a second effort but with Buckley finishing the game the stronger it ended in a one-all draw.

Buckley Town’s Man of the match was skipper Joe Makuruk.